French Language Health Planning Entity
The Waterloo Wellington (WW) and Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) held negotiations leading to the signing of an unprecedented funding and accountability agreement with the Entité de planification pour les services en français dans les régions de Waterloo, Wellington, Hamilton, Niagara. The entity is a French language health planning entity shared by the two LHINs.
In 2010, the Honourable Deb Matthews, Minister of Health and Long Term Care, named six French language health planning entities that will provide the province’s 14 LHINs with guidance on the following items, pursuant to Ontario Regulation 515/09 Engagement with the Francophone Community under the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 (LHSIA):
- methods of engaging the Francophone community in the area;
- the health needs and priorities of the Francophone community in the area, including the needs and priorities of diverse groups within that community;
- the health services available to the Francophone community in the area;
- the identification and designation of health service providers for the provision of French language health services in the area;
- strategies to improve access to, accessibility of and integration of French language health services in the local health system; and
- the planning for and integration of health services in the area.
The Entité de planification pour les services en français dans les régions de Waterloo, Wellington, Hamilton, Niagara will collaborate with the HNHB and WW LHINs to respond to the health needs of Francophones in these two areas of the province.